The world has changed.
Does your church have a vision for the future?
Are you new to the Fresh Expressions movement, know a church or leader who should be involved, or would like your denominational group to be in on the conversation? Vision Days are a great way to discover more about what it means to be involved in starting fresh expressions of church. Over 1700 people have participated in Vision Days in 30 different cities to date. A typical Vision Day lasts 6 hours and provides the perfect opportunity to discover what it means to be the Church in new and creative ways, hear from Fresh Expressions practitioners, learn how to renew existing congregations through fresh expressions of church, and discern what this could mean for your region, community, or neighborhood. There is active discussion as well as opportunity to build networks and relationships among those in your area.
At the Vision Day you will discover:
- How fresh expressions of church are renewing the church around the world
- What it means for your church to be Mission-Shaped
- How to intentionally engage with the community beyond your church walls
- Tools for starting fresh expressions of church in your area
Help host a Vision Day in your city! Send us an email to get started.
The Vision Day is ideal for:
- Anyone interested in renewal within established congregations
- Those interested in building relationships and serving the communities in which they live or work
- Those who have real questions about fresh expressions and mission-shaped church
- Those who have started something new and need some practical help
Each Vision Day is led by the Fresh Expressions team and is carefully planned in partnership with a group of local churches and denominational groups.SCHEDULE VISION DAY
Pioneer Learning Communities
Learn how to start and lead fresh expressions of church
Are you a Pioneer?
Pioneers are mission entrepreneurs who have the stirrings to go beyond existing church communities to engage in life and ministry with people, fostering fresh expressions of church that connect with those uncomfortable or unfamiliar with the inherited church.
Fresh Expressions Pioneer Communities are a one-year, part-time, learning community designed to:
- Assist teams who want to launch fresh expressions of church
- Help pastors and lay-leaders create Fresh Expressions strategies for their communities and neighborhoods
- Surround pioneers with a network of fellow sojourners and practitioners of missional ministry
Over the course of approximately nine months, Pioneer cohorts meet for two weekend retreats, monthly connection and support through coaching. Teams and individuals discern and implement intentional steps toward developing fresh expressions of church appropriate to their unique contexts. Each participant is welcomed into an on-going peer learning network upon completion of the learning community.
Using the Mission-Shaped Ministry curriculum first developed in the UK as a framework, Pioneer Learning Communities dig into the theological foundations of Fresh Expressions, the practices that lead to contextually appropriate ministry, attentiveness to authentic discipleship, tools for developing teams and leaders, and the steps to forming meaningful expressions of church within a particular mission context.
Next Pioneer Communities
Next Pioneer Learning Community: Orlando, Florida, September 15—16. Learn more HERE.
The Amore Project
Bringing Church Home
Where does mission start?
The Amore Project builds family-like communities for evangelism and helps married couples
- Reimagine home as the “first church” and a launching place for joining God’s mission
- Trains married couples to embrace their marriage as a sign of the gospel and a calling to minister among those who are far from God.
- Amore Communities create space for all people to experience and celebrate God’s love
The Amore Project started in Italy by Msgr. Renzo Bonetti and, through the Famiglia Dono Grande Foundation, has helped create hundreds of Communities of Families for Evangelization (Amore Communities) in Italy and in other parts of Europe. In 2013, the project began taking shape in the United States through the vision and generosity of Truro Anglican Church in Fairfax, Virginia and Fresh Expressions US. The project helps strengthen marriages, proclaims God’s spousal love for every person and forms spiritual families who live as agents of Jesus’s self-giving love in their neighborhoods and communities.
The Ananias Project
Any Movement is Grounded in Prayer
Next Ananias Retreat July 14. Register Here.
We wouldn’t have a New Testament if it wasn’t for Paul. But we wouldn’t have Paul…
…if it wasn’t for Ananias.
In Acts 9 we read that Ananias was a man of prayer who courageously responded when God called him to pray for Saul of Tarsus. We don’t know much of Ananias’s story, but we know that through his prayers and teaching, the bloodthirsty Saul became Paul the Apostle.
The Ananias Project:
- Undergirds the Fresh Expressions movement through a concerted, coordinated prayer ministry.
- Trains prayer ministers for churches and prayer teams to support fresh expressions pioneers
- Through regular retreats, builds like-minded and prayer-focused individuals and teams
Learn more about the Ananias Project. Email Cheryl McCarthy.
Fresh Expressions Roundtables
Fresh Expressions Roundtables serve as an opportunity for small groups from a church, denominational group or area to:
- Ask in-depth questions about the concepts, theological foundations, and the developmental process of fresh expressions
- Envision the implications of fresh expressions for their specific congregation and community
- Gain some experience with fresh expressions to get up close and personal guidance on how they take next steps on this journey
To learn more about Roundtables or schedule one in your area, contact us here.SCHEDULE ROUNDTABLE