Jesus gave his followers seven key practices:
- The Lord’s Supper
- Proclaiming the gospel
- Being with the “least of these”
- Being with children
- Fivefold ministry gifting
- Kingdom prayer
When we practice these disciplines, God becomes faithfully present to us, and we in turn become God’s faithful presence to the world. Pastor and professor David Fitch shows how these seven practices can revolutionize the church’s presence in our neighborhoods, transform our way of life in the world, and advance the kingdom.
Our communities can be changed when they see us practicing our faith. Go and do.
Make sure to check out this special event from Fresh ExpressionsUS!
This one-day workshop featuring David Fitch and J.R. Briggs will give you concrete methods for organizing your church to join God’s mission in the world.
You will explore seven tangible practices for embodying Jesus’ faithful presence that are rooted in the model of Jesus and designed for the changing cultural landscape. You will learn:
- Embodied processes that work in small groups or large congregations
- An essential framework for understanding the nature of Christian community in an increasingly secular world
- Proven methods of discipling people before and after they decide to follow Jesus